1. D)A deadly fish has been spotted in the Mediterranean waters
2. B)lt could pose a threat to other marine species
3. C)About half of its city center will be closed to cars
4. D)The rising air pollution in Paris
5. A)His house was burnt down in a fire
6. C)Sell the pearl he had kept for years
7. B) His monstrous pearl was extremely valuable.
8. A)lt boasts a fairly long history.
9. D)lt is a family business.
10. B) Loss the competitive edge
11. D)Conducting a financial analysis for it.
12. B)She is really impressed by the man's house
13. C)From home design magazines
14. A)The cost was affordable
15. D)She wants him to share his renovation experience with her
16. C)Removing objects from patients' noses and ears.
17. B)Five*to nine-year-olds are the most likely to
put things in their ears
18. D)They are curious about these body parts
19. A)lt gave her a used bicycle.
20. AjExpanding bike-riding lessons
21. D)lt is a charity organization.
22. A)How animals deal with lack of gravity.
23. C)They were not used to the low-gravity environment.
24. B)They already felt at home in the new environment.
25. C)They behaved as if they were on Earth.
The things people make, and the way they make them...
26. K. matters
27. G. flexible
28. M. promised
29. C. enormously
31 .F. feature
32. H. inevitably
33. A. automation
34. D. fantastic
35. N. shape
Poverty is a story about us,not them
36. [E] That comment,says Mothering Justice director Danielle Atkinson,"was meant to shame"
37. [H] But the fact that 4 in 10 Americans can't come up with$400 in an emergency is a commonly cited statistic for good reason： economic instability strerches across race,gen?
38. [M]According to the General Social Survey, 71 percent of respondents believe the country is spending too Little on "assistance to the poor."
39. [J] The Frame Works Institute^ research group that focuses on public framing of issues,has studied what sustains stereotypes and narratives of poverty in the United Kingdom
40. [D] If these are the central characters of our story about poverty,what layers of perceptions,myths,and realities must we unearth to find meaningful solutions and support?
41 .[F] How many of us are poor in the U.S.?
42. [N] "Poverty has been interchangeable with people of color - specifically black women and” black mothers, "says Atkinson of Mothering Justice.
43. [I] Negative images remain of who is living in poverty as well as what is needed to move out of it.
44. [E] That comment,says Mothering Justice director Danielle Atkinson,"was meant to shame"
45. [L] Those external factors include the difficulties accompanying low-wage work or structural discrimination based on race,gender,or ability
46. C They did not become popular until the emergence of improved batteries.
47. B The falling prices of ebike batteries,
48. D It will make a difference in people* s daily lives
49. A Retailers'refusal to deal in ebikes.
50 D The younger generation’ s pursuit of comfortable riding
51 A To sway public opinion of the impact of human activities on Earth
52 C it covers more phenomena
53 D Deliberate choice of words
54 B For greater precision
55 C Human activities have serious effects on Earth
Directions： For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write on the topic Changes in the Way of Education. You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.
Changes in the way of education
As the internet is developing so rapidly, the way of education keeps changing and new forms of education emerge surprisingly. Especially during the pandemic of corona virus, online education has become one of the most important ways of education throughout the world.
The changes in the way of education can be listed as follows.First of all, compared with traditional offline teaching activities, online education gives students the opportunity to study wherever they want, at home or in the park.
Moreover, the cost of attending online courses is normally lower than that of offline ones. Besides, students can choose the perfect time when they are available to attend classes,instead of stubbornly fixing the time required without the possibility of doing any other important thing.
From my perspective, the changes in the way of education mainly lie in the good respects. As one of the fortunate students who live in the age of internet and can get access to online courses, I can’ t help exclaiming: it is the best of times.
People who live in different areas of China have different kinds of food. Those in the north mainly prefer food made of flour while those in the south mostly eat rice. Along the coastal areas, sea food and fresh water products make up a considerable proportion of people* s diet whereas in other places, meat and diary products are more common. The residents in Sichuan, Hunan and other provinces favour spicy food, but the citizens in Jiangsu and Zhejiang are fond of sweet food. However, owing to various cooking methods, the same food might taste different.